About UNC/Rex Hospital www.rexhealth.com
is a not-for-profit private health care organization that joined UNC Health Care in 2000. In addition to a 660-bed acute care facility in downtown Raleigh, UNC Rex also offers a range of health care services at locations across Wake county. These include 5 wellness centers, 6 suburban campuses, freestanding outpatient diagnostic urgent care and surgery centers, and 2 skilled nursing facilities focusing on rehab and long term nursing care
Rex received a 2015 Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association for achieving 85% or higher composite adherence to all Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Achievement indicators for consecutive 24 month intervals, and 75% or higher compliance on all Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center quality measures to improve the quality of care for STEMI patients.
Business North Carolina Names Rex Healthcare 2015’s Best Hospital in the State, the third consecutive time with this honor
Top consumer choice for healthcare in Wake county for 11 straight years
hub of the premier heart, vascular and stroke services in the Southeast
24 hour cardiac catheterization lab
- Rex’s eight-suite Cardiac Cath Lab provides a high-tech setting for catheterizations, angioplasties, atherectomies, stent placements and brachytherapy. Each suite is equipped with high definition monitors that display extremely detailed real-time images, resulting in fewer x-rays and less radiation exposure for the patient.
- The center also features two state-of-the-art electrophysiology (EP) lab which allows our physicians to perform diagnostic procedures that can detect an irregular heartbeat in the way the heart's electrical system functions.
- 8 stories, 114 patient rooms
- 20 cardiac intensive care beds, cardiac rehab center
- Additionally, Rex offers MediGuide, a new technology that provides a safer way for patients to have heart procedures. MediGuide incorporates GPS technology to provide a real-time location of a heart catheter and to show the path the catheter needs to follow to reach the problem area of the heart. Typically used to treat atrial fibrillation and other heart rhythm irregularities, MediGuide dramatically reduces the amount of radiation received by the patient. Rex is proud to be the third hospital in the nation to offer this technology.
UNC REX Healthcare is recognized by the Joint Commission as a certified Primary Stroke Center. This means that UNC REX has met criteria developed by the Joint Commission in conjunction with the American Stroke Association and provides exceptional care that meets the unique needs of a stroke patient and improves outcomes.
We have also been an Advanced Primary Stroke Center since 2011.
Our stroke team is trained to diagnose and treat these types of stroke quickly and effectively. Treatment options include:
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Clot-Dissolving Intravenous Medications
- Access to state of the art intra-arterial clot retrieval for acute stroke through our collaboration with UNC Hospitals
UNC REX Healthcare was named a Silver Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report for ten specialties in 2014 – Cancer, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonary and Urology
- Hospitalists, Acute Care surgeons and intensive care specialists in house 24/7
433 bed community hospital
Providing healthcare services for the citizens of NC for over 111 years Comprehensive specialty care including:
- Cancer center
- Heart and vascular services
- Heart and vascular tower opened March 2017 [ READ MORE ]
- Women’s services / birth center
- Radiology with 24/7 radiologist coverage
- Surgery services -Includes Acute Care General Surgeons present in hospital 24/7
- Surgical consultants available include Neurosurgery, Thoracic surgery, Vascular surgery, Cardiac surgery, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Urology, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Plastic surgery -Medicine services include Internal Medicine with our Hospitalist team present 24/7, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Anesthesia and critical care, Hematology / oncology, Nephrology, Infectious disease