Raleigh Emergency Medicine Associates (REMA) is a group of compassionate, dedicated emergency medicine specialists who have had the privilege of caring for the ill and injured patients of central North Carolina for over 30 years.
Our team of board certified physicians and skilled mid-level providers will apply our extensive training and experience to provide truly exceptional care while maintaining and respecting the dignity and autonomy of each patient.
We are proud of our long term partnership with UNC/Rex Healthcare. Together, we are committed to providing world-class medical care and a first-class emergency department experience for our patients and their families.
- Provide only the highest level of compassionate, patient-oriented, emergency medical care to anyone in need, at any time, day or night
- Recruit and hire only exemplary emergency medicine providers
- Treat patients and their families with respect, dignity, and compassion
- Serve as leaders and role models within the Emergency department
- Work with administration and staff to create the optimal environment for prompt, safe, and efficient emergency care
- Advocate for emergency services and our patients within the healthcare community
- Unobstructed access to emergency services should be available to all who perceive the need for these services.
- There is a body of knowledge unique to emergency medicine that requires continuing refinement and development.
- Emergency physicians have the responsibility to play a lead role in the definition, management, evaluation, and improvement of quality emergency care.
- The best interests of patients are served when physicians practice in a fair, equitable and supportive environment.
In order to uphold and maintain the above ideals, we will work collectively and cohesively for the benefit of the community we serve. We will maintain a fair, shared schedule that allows our department to be safely covered twenty four hours a day, seven days a week for 365 days a year. We will work in all possible ways to cooperate with Rex Hospital, its nursing and allied staff, EMS and outside physicians and hospitals for the benefit of the community we serve.
Community Involvement and Commitment to Care
- Participate in Value-Based Care as members of the UNC Health Alliance - Learn more
- Management of REX critical care transport and Involvement with Wake County EMS
- Involvement with NC State Student Athletics
- Provide on-ice Emergency Care for Carolina Hurricanes Hockey
State of the Specialty Procedural Care
- Sedation for Procedural Care
- Bedside Ultrasound
- Vascular Access
- Advanced Airway management